Tuesday, January 3, 2012

No Title, Just an Observation

(sigh) Only four posts in and I've already ruined my new blog.  I told you I'm a NON-techie, so it should come as no big surprise that I have absolutely no freaking clue how to do this properly. I've been voraciously reading other people's blogs, and I see now that I could have done something much better than what we have here. I haven't been adding those little keywords that help sort the posts or whatever.  No one has ever taught me how to design a webpage. We don't know how to use all the little buttons and don't understand what all the different icons mean.  We're not stupid, we're just old-school.  I still draw pictures with a pencil in a sketchbook, not using a program on my computer. If I don't have a paintbrush in my hand, it just feels unnatural to me, sorry, I can't help the way I feel.  As an artist I have respect for other artists who create using Photoshop or whatever, I just don't express myself in that way. Am I a dinosaur? I did my part for geekdom-I married one!-but I'm not a geek. I love them, but I am not one of them. I wonder if I can exist in this world without learning how to do all that stuff? I still don't have a smartphone. That's intentional! I don't need, nor do I want, that much technology in the palm of my hand. It's just not necessary.  I have enough trouble dealing with real life!

1 comment:

  1. ::smiles:: No fear your blog is is not ruined. You can always go back and edit posts and add key words later. When I first started my blog it was very, very basic b/c I did not know what I was doing either. I learned slowly, but I learned! You will do. Just keep playing around. They only way to really ruin the blog is to hit Delete Blog =)

    ReplyDelete